BYOT Policy Summary
- Students are encouraged to bring devices that are easily transported, are not a danger, have WiFi capability, and has a web browser (Ex. smartphone, tablet, laptop, Chromebook)
- Students should not bring devices such as the following: desktop computers, devices that pose a danger, devices that must be plugged into a power outlet or Ethernet port to function properly
- Participation in BYOT is completely optional; no student will be penalized for not bringing a device
- Campus and district administrators have the authority to determine if a device is acceptable or unacceptable
- Students will use personal technology devices only when directed to do so by a teacher
- Students will use personal technology devices in accordance with the student code of conduct and the acceptable use policy
- Teachers will incorporate student owned technology devices into instruction in an educationally productive manner.
The Board of Trustees approved BYOT Policy.
This page is a guide to help protect students as they use the internet, and to help them become effective digital citizens of the 21st century.
Frequently asked questions and their answers regarding the BYOT Policy and its implementation.
This page describes how BYOT can be used to help students learn more effectively.